"Dust or some form of dirt is frequently the principle factory in premature piston ring and cylinder wear. If a worn or poorly fit air filter allows as much as a tablespoon of abrasiver dirt material into the cylinders, it will cause wear to the extend that an overhaul will be required." -Lycoming Engines
Why Choose Anything Less Than A Brackett Filter?
Reasons to Choose a Brackett Air Filter:
- Brackett is FAA-PMA approved on 88 different aircraft models.
- Brackett's patented treated foam has a 98% efficiency rating.
- You replace only the low cost, throw-a-way, element.
- Easy, accurate servicing by replacement at specified times.
- Dual stage foam element increases dust holding capacity.
- It's a proven filter. Brackett Air Filters (formerly AC) have been in service on aircraft and helicopters since 1968. At present, Brackett Foam Filters are installed as Factory original equipment on many production aircraft and helicopters.
- Brackett's foam filter is unaffected by water (approved for sea planes). It has no pleats to store dirt and is abrasive resistant.
- All Brackett filters exceed MIL-SPEC-7194A
Brackett gives you more filter...and more value!
- In cases where the filter frame is to be attached, occasionally a broken or bent airloc fastener is found. Restoring the ability to secure the filter is of prime importance; any good method of bolting or screwing the frame on is acceptable.
- Check to make sure that the gasket makes good contact around the periphery and it’s compressed to approximately 1/2 the original thickness.
- If the element wettant congregates to one end, blot the excess with clean dry cloth. If your installation tools become sticky, use WD-40 to clean up.
- Check and be sure the rest of the air intake is in good shape and look for torn rubber couplings, worn carburetor heat valve, or alternate air doors. With these in good condition, you can feel confident your engine is operating in a clean air environment.
- For continued inservice instructions, reference Form I-194 located on the back side of the Filter Element Bag.
- Check the date of manufacture. Elements are only good for 4 years from date of manufacture listed on the element packaging.